Monday, June 11, 2012

Intuition: My Father and Pheasants


Intuition: My Father and Pheasants

Sometimes my intuition informs me of the next right step through a knowingness, through a still, small voice in my heart or through a physical sensation. Sometimes intuition shows up in odd, synchronistic ways. Pheasant roosters, which you don’t see every day living in the city, have served as my intuitive hits in the past month.
Pheasants have a history in my family. At a Park & Recreation “Pet Day” event when I was 11 years old, I won the “Most Unusual Pet” award for my pheasant chick in a shoebox. My dad was raising pheasants in our garage, which he later released on Grandpa’s farm to increase the pheasant population in Western Minnesota. Over the years, I enjoyed many delicious pheasant dinners. It seemed natural to request that a pheasant be etched onto my dad’s grave marker and to send memorial gifts celebrating Dad’s life to the local chapter of Pheasants Forever.
A few days after my dad’s funeral, my mom and I made a last tour around the cemetery before leaving town. As I pulled into the circle drive, from my driver’s side window, I caught a glimpse of a pheasant rooster as it disappeared under the bushes. My intuition told me immediately that my dad was there with us saying goodbye.
...Read the full article, and others like it at: http://edgemagazine.net/2012/06/intuition-my-father-and-pheasants/

No comments:

Post a Comment