Sunday, March 18, 2012

Bonus Article: Feline Wisdom | Play


Feline Wisdom | Play

How much of your day is spent “playing?” Really — think about it. In a world where working overtime is applauded and rushing our kids from activity to activity has become the norm, who’s got time to relax, laugh, and truly enjoy life?
One of the reasons I am writing about this subject is to remind myself of this very thing. I spend much of my day working from home. I love what I do, but I sometimes become driven and look past a game with my kids or a walk in the woods because there’s always “something I have to do.” Some days I even eat while I’m working. I have to remind myself to take breaks, read a book, play with the cats, or enjoy some music with my husband. It’s not that I don’t enjoy doing those things, I just desire more balance in my life where play comes more naturally.
Honestly, sometimes when I’m working at the computer and my cats are playing with a catnip toy, I feel inspired. They remind me how easily it can be to cut loose and be completely present with something so incredibly carefree. And they create play out of anything, right? A milk jug ring becomes a batt-able little piece of magic they carry around in their mouth or even pick up with their paw. A box transforms into a secret hideaway and a drippy faucet is suddenly a toy and a tasty refreshment. I love to more regularly find simplicity and joy in the simple things. I want my own magic milk jug ring!
When can I find these moments of perfect presence and playfulness? ...
Find the full article, and others like it at http://edgemagazine.net/2012/03/feline-wisdom-play/

No comments:

Post a Comment