Sunday, March 11, 2012

Living a Fantasy or Living my Truth?


Living a Fantasy or Living my Truth?

Recently I had a very dear friend tell me that I was living a fantasy. The way he viewed what was realistic and the way I viewed what was possible caused a clash of perceptions and interpretations.
“Is it not a gift when the imagination is given permission to soar, in living color, limitless in its desires?” I asked. How sad and tragic it is when people are so stuck in sameness and their limiting beliefs that they cannot see the blessing that awaits them.
I imagined that I could set any goal and bring it to life. I had dreams. I wondered, “If I could do anything I wanted, what would it be?”
Days passed as I relived that conversation numerous times in my mind, hearing what I felt were offensive words, feeling a bit betrayed and rather wounded for several weeks. Then one day, it was as if a switch flipped in my thinking, and I quickly shifted my emotions from feeling bad to being glad.
In truth, I always knew that they broke the mold when I was born, and many of my ways are unique, original, and one of a kind. I certainly am not created to be a follower, but to be an encourager and a guide to awaken others. I am willing to step outside of the box and dare to be different. This gives me the ability to imagine impossibilities as possibilities.
...find the full article, and others like it at http://edgemagazine.net/2012/03/living-my-truth/

No comments:

Post a Comment