Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Fine Art of False Identity


The Fine Art of False Identity

What have you been saying to the world around you when you are asked “How old are you?” Did you give a comatose reply? Or do you rephrase the question to, “You ask how young I am?” instead of the knee-jerk response: “I am __ years old.” Our “I Am” statements are powerful self-fulfilling prophesies. Our chosen words become the sculpting tools that shape our future.
Write your own screenplay, commonly called “This is Your Life.” Become a conscious author. Next time you’re asked “How old are you?” be insanely honest and reply: “I’m ageless” or “I am 78 years young” or “My father says I must have been born yesterday! So, I guess I’m a few hours old” or “I am a year younger than I was this time last year” or simply sing “Youngerrr thaaann springtime ammm I.”
You don’t have to become a philosopher. Just become a prophet. Words are living things. The are constantly organizing the ethers that march before us with embossed thought-prints of our imagination. Your daydreams take shape when imbued with desire, and they run in front of the camera of your mind with fierce repetition. These frequent images will actualize into hard copy, i.e. your physical reality. It’s a Law of Life as predictable as gravity.
The truth is that Walt Disney, the great animation legend of Hollywood, surrounded himself with “Imagineers.” Do you identify yourself as “a senior” because you can cash in on Golden Years special discounts? Do you readily scramble for your AARP card and say the all-powerful statement “I am” followed by “over 62″ at every movie ticket box. Multiply this decree you speak about yourself publicly times the movies you go to annually and pat yourself on the back for your self-success in making yourself who you are today.
---
Find the full article, and others like it at: http://edgemagazine.net/2012/04/the-fine-art-of-false-identity/

No comments:

Post a Comment