Saturday, January 21, 2012

Purrfect Presence


Purrfect Presence

The new year is often a time when many of us create intentions for the coming months. For many years, I sat down on each New Year’s Eve and assembled my own list of ambitions and desires and then posted it somewhere visible; I hoped it would serve as a constant reminder. Although I savored the ritual of dreaming and designing the list, most of the year I did nothing more than walk past it on the way to the bathroom.
After a few years of this, I learned I could create and change my intentions in each fresh moment. I wasn’t relegated to the affirmations scrawled on Hello Kitty stationary each December 31st. I found freedom in this discovery and now regularly revisit my intentions in my morning meditation and journaling, as well as throughout the day.
---
Read the full article, and others like it at: http://edgemagazine.net/2012/01/purrfect-presence/

No comments:

Post a Comment