Monday, March 26, 2012

Perfect Love


Perfect Love

If I could do anything, I would see as God sees, and love as God loves. Just saying this out loud, and writing it on this page, I feel the longing for such an openness and loving connection welling up within my breast.
But what preposterous thoughts! How could I even begin to recognize what God sees and how God loves? An ocean in a teaspoon? Such presumptuousness! Disregard hope for that freedom, that peace, that joy.
God says: “Beloved, I am with you and within you. Your thoughts are My thoughts. Your loves are My loves.”
“Thank you,” I say. “But how can I see what You see, when I’m locked into this small mind and body?”
“What I see, you also shall see. What I love, you also shall love. We are not so different as you might suppose. Consider even now, through your own eyes, you can see the ripples of love emanating from the smile of an infant, from the movements of a chipmunk, from the majesty of a mountain, the tranquility of a calm lake, the energy of a thunderstorm, and the colors of a sunset.”
“And that which I fear and hate,” I ask, “how do You see them?” ...
Read the full article, and others like it at: http://edgemagazine.net/2012/03/perfect-love/

No comments:

Post a Comment