Saturday, April 21, 2012

Positive change is physical, emotional and spiritual


Positive change is physical, emotional and spiritual

It’s a very thin line between wanting a change and making a change. My philosophy is that it’s never too late, no matter what your situation. When you start doing good things, your body, mind and spirit will respond.
My stated aim to pay it forward has been the blessings of a renewed life, and I am showing no signs of slowing — not even after two total knee replacements in the last two years.
In the fall of 2010, I had the amazing opportunity to go on the hit television show “The Biggest Loser” on NBC, thanks to my daughter, who started the audition process that eventually got us on the show. After 30 years of being obese, my life was changed forever. It is hard for me to sit on this blessing, which is one of the reasons I want to inspire others.
You can’t fix anything until you know what’s broken. When you take the time to do this, you’ll be open to being healed.
I recognize my life-changing influences and pivotal people. Two essential people who impacted my life were my mother and my wife, Sarah. Sarah has been the Rock of Gibraltar and my mother instilled in me a foundation of spirituality.
The O’Neal Hampton Wellness Foundation has been one of my critical choices. I’m operating this foundation from the heart. I know that low self-worth can be a barrier to change. When you’re in the deepest darkest hole, you don’t know who to reach out to, because you’re afraid people may not understand what’s going on in your head. Now, you’ll be able to reach out to someone at the foundation, and you’ll get a response that may spark a change in you because someone cares and totally understands what you are going through.
---

No comments:

Post a Comment