Sunday, May 20, 2012

An Author’s Road to Self-Discovery


An Author’s Road to Self-Discovery

For as long as I can remember, there have been two constants in my life – my love of cats and my love of books. I was an extremely quiet and reserved being who much preferred to live vicariously through the endless mountains of books I owned than draw attention to myself. My cats were content to leave me in peace — as long as I provided a soft voice and warm lap, prying me out of my shell was not of importance to them.
The adults in my life, of course, did not have the same courtesy or intelligence as these creatures and always persisted in extracting a conversation out of me. I had to hear the ridiculous “cat got your tongue” more times than I care to admit, but in all truthfulness, it was not that I had nothing to say, it was that I preferred not to say it to them. The cats were far better listeners and judges of character in my young opinion.
...read the full article, and find others at: http://edgemagazine.net/2012/05/an-authors-road-to-self-discovery/

No comments:

Post a Comment