Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cancer: the Disingenuous Disease: Interference to the nervous system


Cancer: the Disingenuous Disease: Interference to the nervous system

It’s been six months since my cancer diagnosis. I’ve been over mountains of information and deep in the valley of decision-making while continuously bushwhacking through cancer cure offerings and jumping over streams of confusion and doubt; sometimes I broke through the thick tangles into a clearing where the light of confirmation and affirmation encircled me.
Besides finding a nutritional support oasis in Dr. Paul Westby of Wellspring Chiropractic (read:April 2012 Edge), I found another oasis to help clear away the malignant growth in my left breast called Stage One Invasive Ductal Carcinoma. Stage One means the tumor is localized to one part of the body; it was also growing at a slow-to-moderate rate.
This information was important; it allowed me the benefit of time. Time to gather information, to reflect, to make decisions consistent with who I am.
The body is designed to be self-recovering — it heals colds, flu, cuts and sprains; my right knee cartilage healed without surgery (read: March 2012 Edge). However, with cancer being potentially life-threatening, there was greater urgency to support my body to return to health and remove the rogue cells. Had the cancer not been Stage One, I may have taken a more aggressive approach.
...Read the full article, and others like it at: http://edgemagazine.net/2012/06/cancer-nervous-system/

No comments:

Post a Comment